Finishing the magazine

   I have been working on the magazine and playing with colors in order to make the background perfect for the aesthetic of the magazine. I have made the background colour yellow, the letters black, and I have some touches of blue in order to give it a more playful look to the magazine. I believe that I have accomplished what I wanted to. The magazine is colourful and it creates the playful and youth look that I was going for. These bright and intense colours do really mimic that vintage magazines and the outfits that were used in the 1990s. My partner was very helpful in creating this magazine, she would give me advice and show me what ideas would actually mimic the vintage look I wanted. Although my magazine doesn't completely mimic the 1990s magazine look, it does have a mix of modern and vintage. I want this mix to be apparent because it centers around the idea of how older clothes are now integrated into modern times.

   When I was finishing the magazine, I had some trouble with the colors of the table of contents, because I didn't want to use yellow as well. I felt like the yellow was too overpowering if I used it also in the table of contents. I had tried a mint green, orange etc. But, finally I found that one that I found that integrated well with the wild use of colors. I used pink and green. Although it might not match completely with the yellow, I do believe that it integrates with the idea of how in the 1990s they used a lot of bright and different colors with their outfits. I also had some trouble with the cover page. I needed to make it integrated and avoid the words getting lost with the background. I was able to place the cover lines with the right font and color. Overall, the magazine turned out to be evocative and aimed towards the young audience.

Comments

Popular Posts