Research

   Today, I researched on how to develop a pure vintage look. There are several fashion pieces that represent the vintage style. I admire fashion and the different types of styles that exist, but I am not a "fashionista". To overcome this issue, I researched what makes a vintage outfit vintage. I already had an idea of the elements that would make an outfit vintage, I understood that there is a use of "mom jeans", flared jeans, chokers, and oversized jackets. I was able to find an article that tied in the 1990s look to today's modern look of the vintage fashion. I personally really liked the article because it explained how and why a certain element was a statement piece of vintage fashion. The article included hoop earrings, crop tops, grunge shoes, overalls etc. For instance, the "rule" of using hoop earrings was to aim for bigger earring to create a statement for the outfit worn.

Some tips from the article:

- Overalls: pair with a crop top and sneakers
- Hairstyles: add scrunchies, butterfly clips, coloured hair, etc.
- Crop tops: can be paired with "mom jeans"
- Hip Hop: overside, loose silhouettes, casual fabrics, and sports details

Citations: Brewer, Taylah. “90's Fashion (How to Get The 1990's Style).” Fashion Trends and Style Blog, 27 Jan. 2018, www.thetrendspotter.net/how-to-rock-the-90s-fashion-trend-in-2016/.

Comments

Popular Posts