More research

   So far with the many articles that I have looked at, I have noticed that the majority say one specific reason why vintage clothing has become popular. All the articles state that people want "individuality". This means that people want a sense of feeling different from the "daily" style. I do agree with what the articles are saying because I have witnessed that vintage clothing is different and unlike many other outfits. People want to start setting trends and becoming fashion icons for many others. People who are interested in vintage fashion are very unique in the way they decide their pieces of clothing and how they mix and match each clothing piece to create a exclusive outfit.

   I have many friends that are involved in this "retro revolution", I myself am not truly obsessed with vintage fashion. To be honest I do believe that some outfits are attractive and different. My friends are apparent in their style and in the way they express themselves through their vintage outfits. I have been able to see how what the articles addressed align with their outfits. They do wear the "mom jeans", the vintage looking shirt, converse, etc. This comes as personal evidence that this trend of vintage has infested many young people, which adds onto the reason why vintage fashion has been such a huge impact.

Citations: Rao, and Priya Rao. “How Vintage Became Hotter Than Today's Fashion.” Vintage Clothing Trend - Resale Consignment ThredUp, www.refinery29.com/2017/08/166156/vintage-clothing-trend-resale-market.

Comments

Popular Posts