Research

   I am mainly focusing on the images of the magazine first because I believe a fashion magazine focuses more on the images and the outfits. Having the right is one of my main goals. Today, I wanted to brainstorm which places to take my photos.

Some ideas:

- The park, a grassy area with few trees, which creates a simple look to it.
- An outdoor mall, will seem like a natural and common setting
- With a plain background

   I was looking through google images to see what was the most common setting the images of celebrities were taken. I noticed that it was mainly celebrities on the street walking around. I would like to mimic the way the images were taken. Some examples that I saw included the setting outdoors at night and the images had flash. I also want my images to have a sort of "vintage feeling" to it such as, a grainy look. I found an article that included images of vintage fashion and I really liked how the images reflect the 1990s. I want to be able to reflect the 1990s look, but have a modern twist to it. The images in the article included what I had expected, a grainy feel to it, a celebrity in the street at night, a person posing while showing a rebellious look.

Matera, Avery. “Which '90s Style Icon Are You?” Glamour, Glamour Magazine, 20 May 2016, www.glamour.com/gallery/our-ultimate-90s-style-icons#5.

Comments

Popular Posts